How to Add Axis Labels in Excel
Axis labels are going to give your audience a clear understanding of your Excel charts. So it’s super important that you add these for clarity. Luckily in Excel, this is super easy to do. Firstly, you need to create a graph or bar chart.
- Create a visual by highlighting the data and inserting a chart.
- Click on the graph image and then + sign to open the Chart Elements.
- Choose Axes Titles to show the axis titles on the graph.
- Click on the Axis Title to Change the default font.
- Type or Replace the text.
As you can see in the final image, I have changed the axis and the title to better reflect what is in the graph. Now that you have the axis titles, you can further style them with the Format Axis Title Options. To format the axis title by changing colors and styles, follow the instructions below:
- Right-Click the Axis Title.
- Click Format Axis Title.
- Access the Format Axis Title Options on the Right Border of Excel.
- Click on the Icons to Change the Options.